Pages

Saturday 7 July 2018

Parent Views on Blogging

As part of my MIT inquiry I began questioning parents on their thoughts for blogging.  This is a collection of responses they gave us with regards to blogs.  I have decided to share this here (and also include these as part of my Presentation for Ed Tech Sydney) as it really establishes the importance of having blogging as a part of our learning/teaching process.  

These responses were great to hear/see as this has been a big focus for me with my MIT inquiry but also for Team Maunga as a whole this year.

Interesting to note that the main thing that parents said we could improve on was having more posts.  This sentiment truly says something for the value they are now putting on our blog.  We had a lot of giggles together (parents and teachers) when they relayed the lengths their kids go to, to get their parents to comment on our blog.  

This year I have to say blogging has been HUGELY successful in how often our blog is getting outside comments and the value these are adding to the children and their learning.  They love to see their work being valued from others and to also have feedback and questions asked of them that makes them think about their learning in different ways.

Blogging has also been a great motivator for all children!




No comments:

Post a Comment